Front End Web Developer
Our client is one of the largest independent retailers of men’s designer clothing in the UK, carrying all the biggest names in the world of fashion and clothing. Due to substantial company growth they are looking to recruit a talented Front End Web Developer to join the company. Working within the existing web development team the successful applicant will be responsible for helping to maintain and develop the companies’ websites and app. You will be a bright, driven and energetic individual who can work alone or collaboratively to achieve project deadlines and targets.
- Help maintain and develop the looks and feel of the front end design of the companies growing eCommerce website and app portfolio.
- Build bespoke web systems as part of a team or individually. This can include small projects lasting a few days or large projects lasting weeks.
- Find and fix website bugs and issues.
- Experience and expertise in front end web development is preferred but not essential as we would be willing to interview recent high calibre graduates.
- Knowledge of Angular2, Typescript, GIT, NodeJS, RESTFUL services (APIs) would be advantageous but not necessary.
- A good eye for detail, design and UI (User Interface).
- A basic working knowledge of PHP and MySQL databases.
- Must be able to self-organise and manage / plan your own time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Passionate and proactive about web design, consistency and attention to detail.
- The ability to react to all situations positively and quickly.
- A positive attitude and energetic approach to any task.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing dynamic business environment which will require the job holder to manage a large volume of high priority tasks.
- Ability to work alone and as well as part of a team.
- An interest in web technologies and a desire to explain your knowledge.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification preferred but not essential.
The role is full time, office based and the working hours are 9am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday.