My client, a huge construction firm based in Kent and they are looking for an Estimator to join their team.
- Analyse tender documentation and capture client’s requirements.
- Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client’s requirements.
- Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
- Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
- Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
- Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
- Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
- Management skills - understanding programmes etc.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Confident and resourceful.
- Self - motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission is provided.